– Look for variations
– Realist & Fantasist (find links and comparison points)
– Vedute – view painter of Venice
– Reputation of a picture/postcard artist
– Canaletto using his imagination, and also his familiarity with the city
– Capricci – like Guardi; Bellato
– “Invented” landscapes
– Compare differences and scene changes – use different perspectives and vantage points
– Include connection with the British – this has become more important than I had initially thought
– Explore prints and etchings – visit National Gallery for this.
– How does Canaletto introduce a subject?
– How does is he influenced by the Myth of Venice?